Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Lagrant's Recommendation...


One of our new members, Jen Cushman, had a great experience at Lagrant's and I thought it was worth sharing here. It's also great to support a local small business when you can. It's time to put Lagrant's on our bee supply radars!

And now, a message from Jen...
I drove up to Lagrant's Bees in Ware and met with the wife, Bernadette, of the owner, Frank. They have 40+ years of beekeeping experience. At one time, they had a large scale bee business, but have downsized in the past few years to a few hives and their store.

She was super knowledgeable about everything I would need and answered all my questions (no matter how silly). They do sell mostly unassembled kits, but for an additional fee they will put the hives together for you (which is what I asked for). The hives are all wood with beeswax frames. They only sell the 10 frame hives. I also got everything else you need (helmet, gloves, smoker, feeder, etc..) Their prices are competitive with all the catalogs (and for some things, cheaper) and you don't have to pay for shipping! They also sell the bee pollen packets too.

So I guess I just wanted to let folks know that I had a great experience there and if it's not too far for folks to drive.....I would encourage supporting a local bee business!

They can be reached at 413-967-5064, email lagrants@aol.com address: 139 Osborne Rd. Ware, MA Folks should get directions from Bernadette, as the ones off Mapquest are wrong!

Thanks :-)

Jen Cushman



You can also visit Lagrant's online by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments on this post below. Have a new question? Email it to joyce@suffieldbeeworks.com and we will post it here.